Members spent three meetings providing guidance with pattern and fabric selection and then assisted each other in muslin fittings of their chosen patterns. Here are the beautiful results of some of the garments.
1. True to her love of vintage
clothing, Gail created this
vintage vest embellished with
machine (hand?) embroidery.
2. Nancy's is for her daughter, pictured here. It has fabulous details like chenille embellishments and buttons made from pennies.
3. Sandra Betzina’s Vogue 1184 collar was added to Deanne’s self-drafted princess jacket sloper. The embroidered linen/cotton came from her stash.
5. Jenny’s vest showcases the fringed double-edges turned to the right side that she demonstrated in a City-Wide Couture meeting.
5. Modifying Nancy Erickson’s #1945 jacket pattern and using 3 quilting articles by Mary Ray in Threads, Martha created this vest from strips of silk, gold and copper silk dupioni.
6. June used McCall’s Pattern #5887 as the basis to place this blue and white cotton using stripes to excellent effect.